External Links

The Legend of Lady Magaidh

by Daniel Freas profile

Pirates, Romance
2003

Tags you added are shown below with checkmarks. To remove one of your tags, simply un-check it.

Enter new tags here (use commas to separate tags):

Charming but very short, October 23, 2007

A brief pirate-romance scenario in the general spirit of Plundered Hearts.

It's really more of a single scene than a complete story (more is implied than explained), but it's rather charming. I would rank it higher if there were only more of the same.

Was this review helpful to you?   Yes   No   Remove vote
More Options

Short and Sweet, September 15, 2009
by Rose (New Zealand)

A very interesting section of a larger story. I'd love to know more about the surrounding tale; but fitting in more exposition just wouldn't work. Nevertheless, I enjoyed what little story was there. The writing was good, and the characters surprisingly well defined within the material.

One thing bugged me, however. (Spoiler - click to show)The one winning ending involves saving the life of a man you've just met, to whom you owe pretty much nothing. Sure, you've kissed him, but that's it. I just didn't think it was sufficiently motivated.

Overall, I quite enjoyed The Legend of Lady Magaidh - what there was of it. If it was longer, I probably would have loved it. As it is, three stars.

Was this review helpful to you?   Yes   No   Remove vote
More Options

If you enjoyed The Legend of Lady Magaidh...

People who like The Legend of Lady Magaidh also gave high ratings to these games:

Ideal New England Prep School, by NewKid
a.k.a. Ideal High School a.k.a. HI

All Roads, by Jon Ingold
"Wave a circle round him thrice, And close your eyes with holy dread For he on honey-dew hath fed And drunk the milk of paradise." [--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

The Sleeping Princess, by Molly Engelberg, Alex Engelberg, and Mark Engelberg
You are a pageboy, well, actually you're more like a janitor. Can you wake the sleeping princess? An entry in the IFBeginnersComp.

The following polls include votes for The Legend of Lady Magaidh:

Nautical IF by Felix Larsson
I know there was a couple of commercial high-sea text adventures. Now I am on the look-out for ‘modern’, post-commercial IF with a nautical theme. As far as I can tell, there is a definite shortage of bucaneers, boatswains, able seamen...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 30 July 2021 at 10:46pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item - Delete This Page