swash.zip

2003

Development System: TADS 2
TUID: ocxkusipxh6uszzc

Charming but very short, October 23, 2007

A brief pirate-romance scenario in the general spirit of Plundered Hearts.

It's really more of a single scene than a complete story (more is implied than explained), but it's rather charming. I would rank it higher if there were only more of the same.

Short and Sweet, September 15, 2009
by Rose (New Zealand)

A very interesting section of a larger story. I'd love to know more about the surrounding tale; but fitting in more exposition just wouldn't work. Nevertheless, I enjoyed what little story was there. The writing was good, and the characters surprisingly well defined within the material.

One thing bugged me, however. (Spoiler - click to show)The one winning ending involves saving the life of a man you've just met, to whom you owe pretty much nothing. Sure, you've kissed him, but that's it. I just didn't think it was sufficiently motivated.

Overall, I quite enjoyed The Legend of Lady Magaidh - what there was of it. If it was longer, I probably would have loved it. As it is, three stars.

If you enjoyed The Legend of Lady Magaidh...

People who like The Legend of Lady Magaidh also gave high ratings to these games:

Whom The Telling Changed, by Aaron A. Reed
The people had always gathered on moonless nights to hear the stories, since the time of their ancestors' ancestors. The heat of the fire and the glow in the storyteller's eyes made the past present, and the path to the future clear. The...

Through the Dimensional Rift, by One Eyed Jack
Searching for his missing sister Laurie, Sam Shooter winds up in a sword-and-sorcery world. Sam Shooter must save the world from evil forces, have huge amounts of sex, and treat the player to One Eyed Jack's unique brand of absurd humor.

Blighted Isle, by Eric Eve
Blockade duty in the Bay of Biscay, vile weather, and an unplanned jaunt over the side of the ship into the tossing waves. But instead of drowning, you end up on an island that has no right to be there - and that's just the start of your...

The following polls include votes for The Legend of Lady Magaidh:

Nautical IF by Felix Larsson
I know there was a couple of commercial high-sea text adventures. Now I am on the look-out for ‘modern’, post-commercial IF with a nautical theme. As far as I can tell, there is a definite shortage of bucaneers, boatswains, able seamen...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 30 July 2021 at 10:46pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item