swash.zip

2003

Development System: TADS 2
TUID: ocxkusipxh6uszzc

Charming but very short, October 23, 2007

A brief pirate-romance scenario in the general spirit of Plundered Hearts.

It's really more of a single scene than a complete story (more is implied than explained), but it's rather charming. I would rank it higher if there were only more of the same.

Short and Sweet, September 15, 2009
by Rose (New Zealand)

A very interesting section of a larger story. I'd love to know more about the surrounding tale; but fitting in more exposition just wouldn't work. Nevertheless, I enjoyed what little story was there. The writing was good, and the characters surprisingly well defined within the material.

One thing bugged me, however. (Spoiler - click to show)The one winning ending involves saving the life of a man you've just met, to whom you owe pretty much nothing. Sure, you've kissed him, but that's it. I just didn't think it was sufficiently motivated.

Overall, I quite enjoyed The Legend of Lady Magaidh - what there was of it. If it was longer, I probably would have loved it. As it is, three stars.

If you enjoyed The Legend of Lady Magaidh...

People who like The Legend of Lady Magaidh also gave high ratings to these games:

Lawn of Love, by Santoonie Corporation
Santoonie's first romantic adventure.

Triune, by Papillon
"What are little girls Made of? Sugar and spice And everything nice That's what little girls Are made of." [--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

Pytho's Mask, by Emily Short
On the Night of the Comet, the usual astrological bonds do not hold, and the order of the universe is threatened. It is a time made for rebels and usurpers, and all who would claim the kingdom for themselves. You are a member of the...

The following polls include votes for The Legend of Lady Magaidh:

Nautical IF by Felix Larsson
I know there was a couple of commercial high-sea text adventures. Now I am on the look-out for ‘modern’, post-commercial IF with a nautical theme. As far as I can tell, there is a definite shortage of bucaneers, boatswains, able seamen...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 30 July 2021 at 10:46pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item