Blue November

by Lawrence Furnival

short game-in-a-game university wargame paloma Four groups of university students play a cyber wargame on local election security

First Publication Date: April 2, 2021
IFID: D60BD0D7-2C6E-4194-A9DA-AE7B2ECCF419
TUID: mcrfum6lslvz977m

Entrant, Back Garden - Spring Thing 2021

An unfinished game about competing hackers, April 5, 2021

This seems like it will one day be a complex game about 4 different games competing in a simulated hacking competition.

For now, though, it is incomplete; all paths I checked stop when dice are rolled for the first time. There are sentences missing, fragments of code, and notes like 'TODO: add GRU and NK later'. The text that is available has typos.

What is available looks to be interesting and deals with a subject I'd love to learn more about: American election security and vulnerabilities that other countries can exploit.

The game is descriptive, but its incomplete state meant that, for me, it was limited in its interactivity, emotional enjoyment and polish, and I wouldn't play it again at this time.

If it were complete and polished, I would certainly give it a 4 or 5.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Zape on 4 April 2021 at 9:31pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item