Raishall

by Jac Colvin

On the longest night of the year, spirits that hunger for blood creep close to the veil that separates life from death. If you disturb them, there is only one way it can end.

Raishall is a short interactive fiction piece created for Ectocomp 2019.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2019
Development System: ChoiceScript
TUID: lkqzacq5fcekcef3

Winner, La Petite Mort - ECTOCOMP 2019

A short choicescript game with horror elements and moral choices, November 24, 2019

This is a Choicescript game written in less than 4 hours for Ectocomp 2019.

I had a lot of fun with this one despite its size. The author managed to cram a lot in. There's a 'build your monster' segment followed by a series of moral choices. It provided a feeling of agency beyond its substance and had solid writing.

Loved it! If you want more monster stories from this author, they also wrote Each-Uisge from IFComp 2019.

If you enjoyed Raishall...

People who like Raishall also gave high ratings to these games:

How The Elephant's Child Who Walked By Himself Got His Wings, by Peter Eastman
This fantasia on Kipling's "Just So Stories" takes you back to the High and Far-Off Times to learn how all things came to be what they are today. Warning: Contains bad poetry.

Second Wind, by Matthew Warner
Journey across a post-apocalyptic wasteland to get medical help for your pregnant wife. You and Lorraine live in Shelter 5. It's an airtight building in a radioactive desert. It's airtight to prevent exposure to werespores left over from...

An Act of Murder, by Christopher Huang

Raishall appears in the following Recommended Lists:

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Jacic on 2 November 2019 at 2:28am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item