External Links

Requires a Z-Code interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.

Updates to external links

Colonists

by Andrew Fuller

Episode 1 of Colonists
2013

You signed up for the United Space Exploration Federation in the hopes that you would be one of the proud few chosen to head a colonization mission to Alpha Centauri Six. When the rosters were announced and your name was on it for crewman aboard the U.S.E.F. Intrepid, you did not think even the cryogenic sleep chambers would calm you down. You are about to embark on a life a excitement and adventure!

Tags you added are shown below with checkmarks. To remove one of your tags, simply un-check it.

Enter new tags here (use commas to separate tags):

Looking forward to Episode 2, February 17, 2014

We played this on ClubFloyd, and came pretty close to bailing on it because it's got many of the touches of a first-time author who didn't get a game thoroughly tested, but ultimately we stuck with it and all of us agreed that we warmed up to the game despite (or perhaps even because of) these flaws by the end. I wasn't sure it was worth the time at first, but looking back afterward I had a great time playing Colonists. 'Endearing' is one word I'd (oddly enough) use to describe it. That said, I generally enjoy quirky games with amusing descriptions of things meant to be revolting, so your mileage may well vary a great deal. As for me, I'm looking forward to the sequel. Four stars may seem a bit high, but had it been a scale of 1-10, I'd have given it an 8 based on my pre-defined rating scale, which converts to four stars here.

Was this review helpful to you?   Yes   No   Remove vote
More Options

Deliciously Skeletal, February 16, 2014

This isn't a well-polished game. But if you hang in there with it, it has its charms. There is no malice here, but perhaps the occasional bit of clumsy incompetence. For the authors in the audience, and who isn't, it fails in instructive ways. Worth a look.

Was this review helpful to you?   Yes   No   Remove vote
More Options

If you enjoyed Colonists...