king.zip
Contains king.gam
Requires a TADS interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

The Journey of the King

by Peter Nepstad profile

Part of Tales of Wonder
Fantasy/Literary
2006

"The King goeth upon a journey with many horses, yet riding upon none, when the pomp of travelling shall be heard in the streets and the sound of the lute and the drum and the name of the King. And I would know what princes and what people shall greet me on the other shore in the land to which I travel."

First Publication Date: November 26, 2006
Development System: TADS 2
IFID: TADS2-14E9831725A97960D3BB4CAC54543CC6
TUID: kco834ddtbmrmw9z

SPAG

If you happen to be open to appreciating Lord Dunsany's very florid 19th Century writing style you'll find the game very enjoyable and actually a rather clever way of getting painlessly through some fairly dense prose.

A haunting old novella made into a TADS game, June 5, 2017

This game is adapted from an old novella, so it has a bunch of textdumps; however, I really enjoy the writing of the novella, so I didn't mind.

There were some pretty hard puzzles, some that were good, and some that were 'guess the verb'.

Worthwhile to play if you like Dunsany/Chambers/Lovecraft's writing.

If you enjoyed The Journey of the King...