Story file

Moving (On)

by quackoquack profile

A game about nostalgia, jumping around in time, and clearing out your childhood room.

Made for the NarraScope 2020 Game Jam.

It's been over a year since you were last home, and now it's time to finally clear out those last few things, and the memories they bring back.

First Publication Date: June 8, 2020
IFID: 02DA9385-3EE2-4F17-88FE-6E50E6642AB4
TUID: kbl5rtgrplm5l1vt

Delightful, June 28, 2020

A game where you can use verbs like "reminisce."

I recommend typing "help" even if you're very comfortable with text adventures. (For example, this is a game where you must (Spoiler - click to show)search.)

A hint: (Spoiler - click to show)You'll have to do the card last.

If you enjoyed Moving (On)...

People who like Moving (On) also gave high ratings to these games:

Additional Tales from Castle Balderstone, by Ryan Veeder
Another anthology of terror, edited by Ryan Veeder, again. Also an ECTOCOMP 2019 entry.

Kelly Unicornstrider and Friends (1982-1985), by Gower
A comprehensive quiz + bonus fan faction about the the underrated cult classic show "Kelly Unicornstrider and Friends" (1982-1985). Questions range from really easy to really difficult.

Three More Visitors , by Paul Stanley
Christmas Eve! You tell Bob to go home early; tidy up a little, and lock up the office shortly after four. You look on the old brass plate, which still reads “Scrooge & Marley”, probably for the last time. After visiting the engravers to...

Moving (On) appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My new walkthroughs for September 2020 by David Welbourn
During the morning of Monday September 28, 2020, I published new walkthroughs for the games and stories listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new...

The following polls include votes for Moving (On):

Best Short Games (5-60 minutes) by Sasha Davidovna
I'm pretty new to IF and am having a lot of fun, but in between a toddler and a job and other real life stuff, I'm having trouble finding time to finish many of the longer games I want to play. Can you please recommend me some fun and/or...

First attempt IF by beecadee
Anyone wanting to write IF has to start somewhere. Looking for games that were authors' first attempts... First attempts in a given development system count!

This is version 10 of this page, edited by Zape on 4 May 2021 at 10:38pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item