Wretch.zip
Contains WretchItchioEmbed.html

Wretch!

by Josh Labelle profile

You awaken in a lab. Your head is filled with memories not wholly your own. The mysterious doctor regards you from the doorway.

Will you try to earn his favor?
Or escape his ramshackle house?

Can you make a friend and find a place in the world?
Or would you prefer to get impossibly drunk trying?

The story of a teenaged Frankenstein's monster who attends a raging party, Wretch! starts as a Mary Shelley novel, but ends as a John Hughes movie.

Writing, music, and design by Josh Labelle.

Art by Jonathan Harvey.

First Publication Date: October 30, 2018
License: Creative Commons
IFID: 282BB000-1ED6-44D5-B0D4-E3F14128591E
TUID: hamlos6s92pdkjjw

Entrant, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2018

A long exploratory Twine game about a Frankenstein scenario, November 4, 2018
In this game, you play a patched-up person made up of different people's parts.

It comes in three acts, two of which are exploratory, and the third of which is mostly a coda.

In the first act, you explore the house of yourself and your master, spending several days or weeks in-game exploring, thinking, learning, and solving some puzzles.

In the second act, you have the chance to interact more with the real world.

The styling was nice here, with Harmonia-like spacing and margins. Options are greyed out to indicate places you should explore more.

This really worked well on a lot of levels. I found the exploration tedious at times, but I don't think that there's an easy fix, and the game is good as-is. My ending was touching.

If you enjoyed Wretch!...