Play Online

Development System: ChooseYourStory
TUID: gp3ufvfhjzqxt6gu

4th Place - Spring Thing 2014

Great untraditional horror game!, April 18, 2014

Although I usually don't care for horror games that much, I did enjoy this game. My problem with horror most of the time is that the focus is on making it scary, rather than making it good. This game, depending on which course you take, can be really scary (albeit not terrifying), but no matter what you do, it is an interesting, suspenseful, action-filled game. I'm not a fan of gamebook-style games (also known as Choose Your Own Adventure), and that's one of my few complaints. I prefer the text-adventure style. I also wish there was a way to turn off pictures, which kind of destroy the reason that IF is greater than video games (in my opinion anyway); IF makes you use your imagination. Aside from that, though, the game is pretty good, and I'd recommend it.

If you enjoyed A Game of Life and Death...

People who like A Game of Life and Death also gave high ratings to these games:

Light Space, by Tsmpaul
Light Space - a dimension outside of our own, a layer of existance beyond what we can see, touch or feel. Equipped with a Light Space Jump Drive (LSJD), a starship can leap into and out of this extra-dimension in an instant, appearing in...

Kelly Unicornstrider and Friends (1982-1985), by Gower
A comprehensive quiz + bonus fan faction about the the underrated cult classic show "Kelly Unicornstrider and Friends" (1982-1985). Questions range from really easy to really difficult.

Bestist Frend Jane, by TheNewIAP
After his best and only friend's brutal death, a seven-year-old boy sets out across the country hell-bent on fulfilling her dream. Along the way, he must overcome his deficienciesóboth real and imaginedóto assuage his own pain and guilt....

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Andrew Schultz on 11 April 2014 at 5:59pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item