Dolores and the Cave

by Magda Knight

COME INTO THE CAVE, DOLORES. NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENED IN A CAVE.

Welcome. You have your team, your caving gear, your equipment. You're all set to descend into a previously unexplored cave - the find of a lifetime. But as you abseil down you hear the rumble of a cave-in, and that's the last thing you remember.

Then a voice starts talking to you in the dark...

***

Dolores and the Cave is a ten-minute horror game with nine different endings to explore.

Don't worry, Dolores.

Everything will be just fine.

First Publication Date: February 9, 2018
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: 97C4DC85-4338-428F-8289-4BBB8F57B910
TUID: ek59b8gabydiv51l

A branching horror story in a cave with a challenging puzzle, February 26, 2018

This was an interesting game.

You find yourself in a cave in a branching sort of exploration/conversation.

On my first play through, I ended it fairly quickly, and I wasn't too impressed. It seemed like a faintly cheesy sort of Halloween story.

But on my second play through, I encountered much more text, and the game became much more developed, with compelling issues and questions together with a nice puzzle.

Overall, I recommend it for fans of horror.

NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENED IN A CAVE, February 14, 2018

The atmosphere is really creepy and memorable. I especially enjoyed the strong voice of the antagonist. The interactions between them and the protagonist were really fun.

Breathtaking!, November 28, 2018

I've played this game at 1 a.m. and it scared the hell out of me. I was completely taken by the words of the "antagonist" of the game.
I've played it with my friends 5 times until I got the ending I wanted!

If you enjoyed Dolores and the Cave...

People who like Dolores and the Cave also gave high ratings to these games:

When He Died, by O Bluefoot
he author's first text adventure. Completed for Ectocomp 2019. You are a forensic photographer. Someone has died. Pay close attention to the world around you. Inspired by the song "When He Died", by Neil Cicierega. Playlist of songs...

Invasion, by Cat Manning
The end of the world, and there's something after you. A short horror Twine about sacrifice, survival, and relative humanity. Le Grand Guignol entry in ECTOCOMP 2015.

Codex Sadistica: A Heavy-Metal Minigame, by grave snail games
Your band has come to play at the greatest metal venue around: the Blood Furnace’s INFURNAL STAGE. There is only one problem: the act before you is—*shudder*—playing glam metal! And worse yet, they’ve gone way over the alotted time for...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Magda Knight on 12 February 2018 at 8:52am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item