Crumbs

by Katie Benson profile

An empty cupboard. A closed door. Rumours of trouble yet to come.

This short game was made in less than four hours for ECTOCOMP 2018.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2018
TUID: e5beb5jo0wh5aqxc

Followed by sequel Crumbs 2: The Will of the People, by Katie Benson

Entrant, La Petite Mort - EctoComp 2018

A political slice of life game, October 31, 2018

This is a speed-IF game, written in just 4 hours, but it has some pretty good heft; I've seen some IFComp games with less material, and it has nice styling.

It presents a scenario in which you've run out of biscuits, and the effects of Brexit have made it difficult to get enough food.

There are multiple paths, most of which have no choices (which makes sense for a Speed-IF), and the game encourages replay. Probably the best use I've seen of Twine in a Speed IF for creating the most material in the shortest amount of time. A nice game to add to Benson's growing portfolio.

Crumbs on IFDB

Crumbs appears in the following Recommended Lists:

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Katie Benson on 5 November 2018 at 1:57am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item