Play "Lost in time"

Slice of life; Surreal
2017

Knock Knock.

Knock Knock.

A journey through memory lane.

First Publication Date: November 10, 2017
Forgiveness Rating: Nasty
IFID: CFBD2730-7169-4098-B889-9C2991EDACEE
TUID: d6tcu8njne3j29z

An incredibly hard puzzle twine game with complicated inventory and riddles, November 20, 2017
Related reviews: 2-10 hours

Some people really enjoy difficult puzzle games, like Fish! or Praser 5 or System's Twilight.

This is the first time I've seen such a game done well in Twine. It is very hard; it has been given a 'nasty' forgiveness rating by the author, and that is completely appropriate.

There are frequent deaths and ways to lock yourself out of victory, but there is a multi-save feature which helps.

The first part of the game is an escape the room puzzle. I thought it itself was one of the hardest twine puzzle I had seen, and I thought it was the whole game, and a longish one at that. Once I escaped, I realized the main game was much, much, much bigger. In fact, the next area was huge, and I thought that was the whole game, and then it opened up into the real game! And there's an epilogue about as long as the first complex.

I couldn't finish, even looking at the source code. This is unfair, difficult, and crazy, so if you're in the mood for something like that, you've found it.

Back in time (in many ways), November 20, 2017

This game drives you nuts a couple of times.

The thing is that sometimes you don't know if you're stuck because you are missing something or because you left something behind and you simply won't have the tools to finish it! And that is what I liked the most about it, the struggle: the having to think and repeat dialogues and go back another step... I had forgotten what it was to play a game that takes patience, in these times where if you get stuck immediately you go and find the answer in internet, and I loved it!

Walkthrough?, December 16, 2017

Can you post a walkthrough of this game?

If you enjoyed Lost in time...