Have you played this game?
You can rate this game, record that you've played it, or put it on your wish list after you log in.
(based on 1 rating)
No reviews yet - be the first
About the Story
Arshean was once a cursed place; its inhabitants scattered to the four winds. Generations later, practitioners have returned to establish the imbued city of Baile Arainn. Within its protective walls, bond-architect Cormac Giphert strives at last to make his mark in the field, using ritual magic to shape the destiny of an entire city. But when disaster strikes at its very arteries, he may find himself having to heal and reform more than he bargained for.
"Waybinder" is an interactive novella: a work of occult fantasy which explores ritual witchcraft, the nature of journeys, and what it might mean to shape destinies both large and small.
Official Selection, Yonderplay Showcase at Nordic Game Conference 2019
- Guide an entire city towards its inauguration, in a ritual of your discovery and making
- Explore four main, interwoven branches — each a destiny waiting to be formed
- Meet a diverse cast of characters, some of whom speak a language which is not necessarily your own
- The adventure unfolds in continuous format, there to be read back as a short story if so desired
- Features content written in gàidhlig (Scots Gaelic), complete with pronunciation guides for English-speakers
Contains no known triggers/upsetting content, although there are elements of horror. Would likely be rated suitable for young teens and upwards.
Language: English (en)
First Publication Date: April 5, 2019
Current Version: Unknown
Development System: Twine
Waybinder on IFDB
appears in the following Recommended Lists:
This is version 1 of this page, edited by autumnc
on 17 May 2021 at 11:35pm.
- View Update History
- Edit This Page
- Add a News Item
- Delete This Page