Original Spectrum Version (Play Online)
otheradv.zip
Contains CUSTERD.Z80
Sinclair ZX Spectrum Application (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)
Play Online via archive.org

Custerd's Quest

by Craig Davies

1986

License: Commercial (Out of Print)
Development System: The Quill
IFID: A30A04DA9D4F6A30A9EFDEDDF0950B82
TUID: bfgzleyq9qw8a15r

Crash

"Sir Coward de Custerd is the name, and I'm not quite sure what's the game, but I do know that much can be achieved in this adventure - the humour is in the feel of the gameplay and doesn't seriously affect the outcome.

The opening scene sets you in the Great Ancestral Hall of Castle Custerd. There are about 15 locations in the castle itself, where you can pick up the essentials for any knight, and countless sites beyond which even include a subadventure opening out beyond a bedroom cupboard! In this area, as in so much of the adventure, the subtle writing style and competence of the prompts and EXAMINE reports give the game a winning edge."

Your Sinclair

"Having taken a dislike to the title, I decided I wasn't going to like this new adventure from Craig Davies, alias Bodkin Software, which is being published by The Power House, formerly known as Alpha Omega, alias CRL. An appropriately silly arrangement for a silly adventure, I thought. But I loved it and I actually laughed out loud in several places - and that doesn't happen too often in adventure playing, let's be honest."

If you enjoyed Custerd's Quest...

People who like Custerd's Quest also gave high ratings to these games:

The Journey of the King, by Peter Nepstad
"The King goeth upon a journey with many horses, yet riding upon none, when the pomp of travelling shall be heard in the streets and the sound of the lute and the drum and the name of the King. And I would know what princes and what...

Snowquest, by Eric Eve
You've been on your quest so long you've almost forgotten what it is all about, but now you are nearing your destination -- if only you can stay alive long enough in this frozen wilderness to reach it.

Deephome: A Telleen Adventure, by Joshua Wise

This is version 7 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 27 December 2021 at 4:44pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item