Leyendas del Castillo

by Mery

NO SE RECOMIENDA JUGAR EN MÓVIL. LAS IMÁGENES Y LOS TEXTOS SE DEFORMAN E IMPIDEN SU LECTURA.

Libro-juego en formato digital creado para la #Ectocomp2021.

Con esta ficción interactiva creada en Twine te adentrarás en el diario de Enrique, quien narra sus diferentes aventuras dentro del misterioso Castillo de su pueblo. Ayúdale a tomar decisiones y encuentra los nueve diferentes relatos a los que te conduce.

Language: Castilian (es)
First Publication Date: October 31, 2021
TUID: 9dg2qq2755vck4am

5th Place, Le Grand Guignol - Spanish - ECTOCOMP 2021

An amusing and complex story about exploring a monster-filled castle, November 17, 2021

This game was entered in the Spanish division of Ectocomp as a Grand Guignol game, meaning it took > 4 hours to complete.

It is an excellently written game, using amusing and complex writing to tell the tales of a haunted castle. It has the form of a CYOA book, with different 'page numbers' references (although they aren't actually numbered). Different branching paths let you experience different monsters.

As a non-native speaker, I found a lot of words I didn't know here, as the author uses very descriptive and colloquial language. I found two monsters in two different paths. One, (Spoiler - click to show)the succubus, included some sexual scenes that were detailed but not explicitly describe sexual acts.

Once you've completed a path, the game gives you links to interesting facts about the creatures you encountered and lets you 'warp back' to a convenient place to find other paths. Overall, this was very well written.

If you enjoyed Leyendas del Castillo...

People who like Leyendas del Castillo also gave high ratings to these games:

Violet, by Jeremy Freese
Calm down. All you have to do is write a thousand words and everything will be fine. And you have all day, except it's already noon. [blurb from IF Comp 2008]

Inward Narrow Crooked Lanes , by B Minus Seven
Before we begin, we have a sharp-- I mean short intake form for you to fill out.

Babyface, by Mark Sample
We are haunted by the houses of our childhood. How unfamiliar they are, when we return. Yet you never forget, do you? You never really forget. A Southern Gothic horror story. Remember, of all the masks we wear, it's the final one that...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by MathBrush on 17 November 2021 at 2:49pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item