Game
Walkthrough
To view this file, you need an Acrobat Reader for your system.

Insignificant Little Vermin

by Filip Hracek profile

2017

Escape slavery in Mount Bloodrock, an underground enclave of orcs and goblins preparing for war. What will you discover in these dark caves? What mayhem can you wreak on your way out? And how will your former captors remember you?

Explore a simulated living (and dying) world inhabited by AI actors, rendered through text.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
License: Creative Commons
Development System: Custom
Forgiveness Rating: Polite
TUID: 8brcr5jn41zb408t

17th Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

'Skyrim in text'; a demo of a combat engine in an rpg game, November 16, 2017

I beta tested this game.

This is an ambitious concept debuted here in a demo game. It is an rpg game with procedurally generated text and spinning wheels indicating combat.

I liked the system quite a bit; the styling was good, and the graphics nice. I felt a bit dissociated from the story; like real RPGs, the story was in service to the puzzles.

There is hidden material here; despite beta testing and playing again later, I didn't find the sword or defeat the giant monster. Worth checking it out to see the system.

A good prototype, but some of it is broken?, November 3, 2019

The idea behind the game and it's user interface is great. Unfortunately, some parts of the game (the online version) failed to load in my browser. Which meant I could not finish the two different playthroughs I had for this game.

Note: this review is based on older version of the game.

If you enjoyed Insignificant Little Vermin...