Kerguelen 1991

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: January 11, 2021
TUID: 5shrso9kq2uvee79

Entrant - French Comp 2021

A mid-length French Ink game with art and animated logic mini-game, January 20, 2021

This is a game in the french comp which is very technically proficient and uses figurative and descriptive language (which left me running to Google Translate more often than not).

You are a bestselling author who ends up on an island looking for inspiration for his next book. You have a phone with little minigames on it that remind me of Lolo on the SNES (mostly involving pushing sliding blocks around).

The island is fairly small, and soon bizarre plot twists happen.

I believe there is some branching in this game. In my branch, I found a minigame where you use a radio to solve a maze and another minigame where you visually push blocks around (like the cellphone puzzle) to open a door, but Jack Welch said he found a Towers of Hanoi minigame, which I did not encounter.

Overall, the story was interesting and it was complex, but I'm not sure how well the disparate elements tied together. Overall, though, it was polished, descriptive, compelling, and had good interactivity.

If you enjoyed Kerguelen 1991...

People who like Kerguelen 1991 also gave high ratings to these games:

Planetfall, by Steve Meretzky
"Join the Patrol, and see the Galaxy!" You took the poster's advice, bait and all, and marched right over to the recruitment station near your home on the backwater planet of Gallium. Images of exotic worlds, strange and colorful aliens,...

Undercover Agent, by Naomi Laeuchli
Think fast and lie faster! When you go undercover to retrieve a deadly new bio-weapon, can you pull off the mission and escape with your life? Undercover Agent is an interactive novel by Naomi Laeuchli. It's entirely text-based--135,000...

Chancellor, by Kevin Venzke
Maturity attained, the daughter is unfurled upon the world, embarked upon a mysterious quest by her father.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 21 January 2021 at 8:35pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item