Kerguelen 1991

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: January 11, 2021
TUID: 5shrso9kq2uvee79

Entrant - French Comp 2021

A mid-length French Ink game with art and animated logic mini-game, January 20, 2021

This is a game in the french comp which is very technically proficient and uses figurative and descriptive language (which left me running to Google Translate more often than not).

You are a bestselling author who ends up on an island looking for inspiration for his next book. You have a phone with little minigames on it that remind me of Lolo on the SNES (mostly involving pushing sliding blocks around).

The island is fairly small, and soon bizarre plot twists happen.

I believe there is some branching in this game. In my branch, I found a minigame where you use a radio to solve a maze and another minigame where you visually push blocks around (like the cellphone puzzle) to open a door, but Jack Welch said he found a Towers of Hanoi minigame, which I did not encounter.

Overall, the story was interesting and it was complex, but I'm not sure how well the disparate elements tied together. Overall, though, it was polished, descriptive, compelling, and had good interactivity.

If you enjoyed Kerguelen 1991...

People who like Kerguelen 1991 also gave high ratings to these games:

Alabaster, by John Cater, Rob Dubbin, Eric Eve, Elizabeth Heller, Jayzee, Kazuki Mishima, Sarah Morayati, Mark Musante, Emily Short, Adam Thornton, Ziv Wities
The Queen has told you to return with her heart in a box. Snow White has made you promise to make other arrangements. Now that you're alone in the forest, it's hard to know which of the two women to trust. The Queen is certainly a witch...

Exile of the Gods, by Jonathan Valuckas
In the great war between the gods, will you wield the chains of destiny, or shatter them forever? Exile of the Gods is a 500,000 word interactive epic fantasy novel by Jonathan Valuckas, where your choices control the story. It's...

Stay?, by E. Jade Lomax
STAY? CHOOSE YOUR OWN HAPPY ENDING Welcome to Elaia, a magical city nestled in a high valley. It's the end of your first year at university & time to choose your major. Find yourself among potential friends or lovers-- young people with...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 21 January 2021 at 8:35pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item