Inform port
A Z-machine port of the game by Mark Tilford
Goldilocks.zip
Contains Goldilocks/Goldilocks.taf
Includes walkthrough
Requires an ADRIFT version 4 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)
for the Inform port by David Welbourn

Goldilocks is a FOX!

by J. J. Guest profile

Literary/Children's/Humour
2002

Staggering back from yet another wild student party, blonde bombshell Goldilocks decides to take a shortcut through the enchanted forest. All she really wants is a nice hot bowl of porridge and somewhere to sleep off her hangover - but something tells her that quaint little cottage isn't as innocent as it seems...

Goldilocks is a FOX! is a zany romp through the world of fairy tales. Along the way you'll meet a host of familiar characters, albeit not quite how you remember them!

Development System: ADRIFT

Nominee, Best Individual PC - 2002 XYZZY Awards

1st Place - ADRIFT End Of Year Comp 2002

2nd Place - ADRIFT Summer Comp 2002

SPAG
Unlike so many comedy games, Goldilocks Is A Fox doesn't just go for the quick humour and forget about the gaming side of things. Take away the comedy and the general silliness and there is a very well constructed game here. There are some quite intricate puzzles (the one with the large chair being a particular favourite of mine) and while not every puzzle is logical or straightforward, for the most part they don't require too much thought on the part of the player to solve. That said, this isn't a game that you're likely to solve in the space of a single sitting, which is probably just as well as there are a fair number of good ideas here that would be ruined if you played the game through too fast.
-- David Whyld

Very long fairytale based game with sometimes twisted humor, February 3, 2016

This is an Adrift game that was ported to inform. You play a "foxy" version of Goldilocks, although there fortunately isn't any kind of sexual content.

The game map slowly grows as you play. You have to act out a large number of fairytales that aren't usually in IF games, such as Goldlilocks, the Frog Prince, and the Big Bad Wolf.

This is really a large and involved game. The Club Floyd Transcript is huge. You can play for hours without passing the halfway point.

The humor is a bit twisted at times, mainly in the underground area you find.

The hints are frankly unhelpful at points.

Recommended for those looking for a big, well-done game.

If you enjoyed Goldilocks is a FOX!...

People who like Goldilocks is a FOX! also gave high ratings to these games:

Hunger Daemon, by Sean M. Shore
It's not the end of the world, and you're to blame. Better get on that. But man, it sure would be nice to get a bite to eat first.

Rogue of the Multiverse, by C.E.J. Pacian
Congratulations, convict 76954! You have been selected for scientific experimentation! You will be matter-transmitted to exotic non-Treaty worlds - where opportunities abound to take in fantastic sights and mingle with colourful locals!

Adventure, by William Crowther and Donald Woods

Goldilocks is a FOX! appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Best fairytale/nursery rhyme games by MathBrush
A selection of fairy tale games, nursery rhyme games, or games involving the Fair Folk.

Big, non-linear adventure games with score system by MathBrush
These are classic-style games, where you have to collect a large variety of objects while exploring a cave or building. My favorite way to play these games is to start playing without hints, mapping out the world and seeing what all I...

My new walkthroughs for December 2020 by David Welbourn
On Thursday December 24, 2020, I published new walkthroughs for the games and stories listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for...

The following polls include votes for Goldilocks is a FOX!:

First attempt IF by beecadee
Anyone wanting to write IF has to start somewhere. Looking for games that were authors' first attempts... First attempts in a given development system count!

Long-Form Games That Don't Require Mapping by Sdn
Playing Losing Your Grip has reminded me of just how tedious I find manual mapping in lengthy games, no matter how much I enjoy everything else. So, I'm looking for some long, engrossing games that don't require the player to draw maps....

Trying to find a good comedy. by H. W. Wiliams
I'm hoping to find a good comedy IF title. I've been away for a while and want a good laugh before I head back to work. Any suggestions?

This is version 12 of this page, edited by J. J. Guest on 16 December 2021 at 2:32pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item