Jugar en Línea en Español:

Al Final del Recorrido

by Guillermo Crespi profile

2017

Una breve historia interactiva con cinco posibles finales, acerca de un joven personaje y su regreso a casa después de un día muy particular.

(Available only in Spanish for now, I plan to translate it into English as soon as I can -- the author)

Language: Castilian (es-AR)
First Publication Date: August 26, 2017
IFID: BB9AE3B9-B5C2-46AC-834C-5106318EEA97
TUID: 4ef85aapdiwcrm22

An eery slice of life Twine game with 5 endings and a non-trivial length, August 28, 2017

This game surprised me by its quality. I can't vouch for the writing quality; as Spanish is not my native language, anything written in it sounds nice to me. But the concepts were really beautiful.

You play as a young person on a bus home, when things take an unexpected turn. The situation you find yourself in is at once relatable and deeply uncomfortable.

The game made good use of text effects, switching colors of the background and text, using different font sizes, etc.

There was some overarching Thing which I didn't get because of my poor Spanish, something about (Spoiler - click to show)graduation and getting covered in floor and eggs?

It seemed fairly linear to me, but a second replay had about 40% new text, so I was impressed. I would have rated this game somewhere in the 7-9 range in IFComp. Well done. My only wish is that there was some more consistency in how mid-game links were handled, as it was hard to know what clicking on different texts would do. On the other hand, given the general feel of confusion the game evokes, it may have been an intentional design choice.

If you enjoyed Al Final del Recorrido...

People who like Al Final del Recorrido also gave high ratings to these games:

My Kingdom for a Pig, by Chandler Groover, Failbetter Games
A pox has spread across London! Join a crack team of conspirators to infiltrate a high-stakes auction and delve beneath a fungal vineyard in search of a cure. What will you find in the Fifth City's deepest cellars?

Choice of the Cat, by Jordan Reyne
Knock things over. Take a nap. Enslave humanity. Power, fame, and catnip are yours for the licking! "Choice of the Cat" is a hilarious 600,000-word interactive novel by Jordan Reyne, where your choices control the story. It's entirely...

Till Death Makes a Monk-Fish Out of Me, by Mike Sousa and Jon Ingold
Dr. Taylor's looking worried. Dr. Kurner's looking exhausted. Zak is grinning with glee. Today is the big day, and you're about to try out the crowning experiment of your life, and in AtlantisLab's chequered history. It's just a shame...

This is version 6 of this page, edited by IFforL2 on 5 December 2017 at 7:04pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item