walkthrough.zip
Contains HOLD.GAM
For all systems. To play, you'll need a TADS 2 Interpreter - visit tads.org for interpreter downloads. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Constraints

by Stephen Granade profile

2001

Development System: TADS 2
TUID: 3x2sojljv04qni8i

Emily Short’s Interactive Fiction Page
Walkthrough Comp
I think, of the games, this is the most successfully game-like. It also has some striking moments. I liked the Dreaming. I really liked the drawing-in-the-air. Some gorgeously surreal moments, a feature which this game shares with Dreams Run Solid, appropriately enough. This one is, I think, a trifle more cohesive, although (or perhaps because) it has fewer moments that stand on the knife-edge between beautiful and repellent.

Brass Lantern
TelegramComp Games review
Constraints answers the challenge of the comp by piling on nearly every strategy known to mankind. Where Dreams uses a surreal setting, Constraints uses four different settings, three of which allow "strange" actions: a world of magical realism, surreal dreamworld, the "real" world, and a fantasy world. The use of multiple disparate sections is itself a strategy for combining the multitude of actions found in the transcript. (Sean Barrett)

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Zape on 27 February 2021 at 2:39am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item