Play on ChooseYourStory.com

Blackbirds

by Negative

2013

"With blackbirds following me, I'm digging out my grave. They close in, swallowing me, the pain, it comes in waves. I'm getting back, what I gave.

License: Free
TUID: 2jzfroaqq7oy406

Cringe, January 15, 2021
This is an edgy and emo under 1000 word booger a teenager with QUITE the reputation for being edgy and emo flicked on their screen five years ago. Let's hope the long-banned author managed to get on some medication by now that was more effective than the ground up tiger penis his parents were probably treating him with at the time.

Negative wrote another game with roguelike combat called Awakening of the Tower that was actually decent, I'm sure even he'd be embarrassed by this one now. (Maybe it was written for one of those 90 minute challenges the forum used to do? That explains the size and maybe some of the very generous ratings, but not the largely incoherent serial killing murder rape content...)

It was hovering within a half point of unpublishing, and with this sudden burst of attention will be unlikely to last another 24 hours. However since this listing is can't be taken down, I'm getting my points. (Which is one of the reasons why I was advising against listing these type of low quality stories.)

Quick story without much interest, January 15, 2021
Starts off with "you rape her" as the only option then (Spoiler - click to show)"My darling, you deserve better" on the next page though the rapist enjoys suffering, so it really doesn't make sense. Pointlessly edgy story without enough detail to involve the reader. It's over before you blink and there simply isn't enough content to be worth this review given its lack of polish.

I know, it sucks, January 15, 2021
by Ogre (A Cave)
Now wait, before you go blasting me for that title of this review, let me explain: those are the author's words. That's the comment the author put out for this story. I'm not saying I'm arguing with that opinion, either. This is a very, very short story (less than 800 words) and as you might imagine, there's not really any story in content that short. I don't know what it has to do with blackbirds, but on the very first page your only option is to rape someone. I'm really not sure what to do with that, that's not my idea of a story. If, for some reason, a story absolutely has to have that kind of content, I might suggest that a character in the story should be doing that instead of putting the reader in that kind of situation. Seriously, don't bother with this one.

If you enjoyed Blackbirds...