Play Online

by Porpentine profile

Romanticism
2012

"Once I saw mountains angry,
And ranged in battle-front.
Against them stood a little man;
Aye, he was no bigger than my finger.
I laughed, and spoke to one near me,
'Will he prevail?'"
-Stephen Crane

Language: English, Castilian, Italian (en, es, it)
First Publication Date: May 15, 2012
TUID: 1zxtch399c45i5x

Overwrought, or not?, June 14, 2012
by Danielle (The Wild West)

I almost thought this was a joke game initially, with the highly dramatic descriptions and (Spoiler - click to show)very violent endings. But after settling in and realizing it wasn't a prank, I decided I liked the poetry of some of the scenes. And the different scenarios have different flavors, which, combined with (Spoiler - click to show)the winning ending led to a solid understanding of the theme.

Later on in the day, when I was watching something, it resurfaced in my mind. Any game that sticks with me after I've played it is worthwhile in my book--especially if it's short like this piece. My advice is: approach it as an interactive poem.

If you enjoyed A Place of Infinite Beauty...

People who like A Place of Infinite Beauty also gave high ratings to these games:

Harmonia, by Liza Daly
Fuller, A. (b. 1966, d.?) 12 chapters, edited by E. Merchant. 091 Manuscripts—096 Illustrated—098 Prohibited works, forgeries, and hoaxes Signed permission from the Dean required for viewing. No exceptions.

Night Guard / Morning Star, by Astrid Dalmady
My mother made a deal. So here I am, working the night shift, alone with her work.

The Golden, by Kerry Taylor
You are Jane, a seventeen year old girl trapped in a seaside house with no electricity and little food. Navigate the house, your increasingly strained relationships with your father and brother, and your own dread in the time it takes...

This is version 14 of this page, edited by JTN on 2 December 2022 at 2:49am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item