Play Online via Wayback Machine

by Porpentine profile

Romanticism
2012

"Once I saw mountains angry,
And ranged in battle-front.
Against them stood a little man;
Aye, he was no bigger than my finger.
I laughed, and spoke to one near me,
'Will he prevail?'"
-Stephen Crane

Language: English, Castilian (en, es)
First Publication Date: May 15, 2012
TUID: 1zxtch399c45i5x

Overwrought, or not?, June 14, 2012
by Danielle (The Wild West)

I almost thought this was a joke game initially, with the highly dramatic descriptions and (Spoiler - click to show)very violent endings. But after settling in and realizing it wasn't a prank, I decided I liked the poetry of some of the scenes. And the different scenarios have different flavors, which, combined with (Spoiler - click to show)the winning ending led to a solid understanding of the theme.

Later on in the day, when I was watching something, it resurfaced in my mind. Any game that sticks with me after I've played it is worthwhile in my book--especially if it's short like this piece. My advice is: approach it as an interactive poem.

If you enjoyed A Place of Infinite Beauty...

People who like A Place of Infinite Beauty also gave high ratings to these games:

their angelical understanding, by Porpentine
I train to fight angels in a monastery by the sea. Wear headphones. TW: Suicidal ideation, ableism, abuse, possible epilepsy trigger.

Cactus Blue Motel, by Astrid Dalmady
Somewhere between New Mexico and Arizona, three friends were driving through a barren desert of red rocks, and wide empty skies. It was the end of summer, the end of high school, the end of so many things. And then they found the Cactus...

4x4 Galaxy, by Agnieszka Trzaska
4x4 Galaxy is a space exploration game with 16 planets that are different every playthrough thanks to procedurally generated content. Discover new worlds, battle space pirates and strange beasts, sell goods, explore abandoned mines, go...

This is version 10 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 26 March 2020 at 11:06am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item