Requires a Z-Code interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.

We Are Unfinished

by Ade McT profile

Surreal

The last of the day's light is fading. And, without light, how can he see? A very short piece of Interactive Fiction for the TinyUtopia jam.

First Publication Date: April 18, 2016
TUID: 1ib2w8aopdus8pa

Winner - Tiny Utopia Jam

catacalypto
Possibilities in the TinyUtopias IF Jam
...a meditation on perspectives which I found wholly absorbing.

A short parser game with a haunting atmosphere about a couple, April 20, 2016

This game by Ade McT is an interesting entry in the Tiny Utopias jam. More than any other entry, this game had a haunting, desolate, stoic feel.

You play a character sat at a table who is sorting through pieces of glass in the evening light. Each piece has a story to it.

The game felt almost like a ritualistic cleansing of the soul after a deep wound. I felt like the Utopia in this game could be the healing and strengthening feeling you have after surviving a terrible period in your life. However, it is open to many interpretations.

I had some trouble at the beginning of the game, because I did not notice everything in the room description. Due to the speedy nature of the Tiny Utopias jam, there were many things left unimplemented. However, those who read closely will probably experience no hiccups.

If you enjoyed We Are Unfinished...

People who like We Are Unfinished also gave high ratings to these games:

Advent Door, by Andrew Plotkin
Where’s that door? This game was written for a collaborative 2019 Advent Calendar project. The theme was "The City of Doors" from the Planescape roleplaying setting. That project was never completed, so I released this game by itself.

Affairs of the Court: Choice of Romance, by Heather Albano and Adam Strong-Morse
Plunge into court politics and change the course of history, or pursue a love affair that rocks the kingdom to its foundations! "Affairs of the Court" is an epic interactive fantasy novel by Heather Albano and Adam Strong-Morse. It's a...

Der Angstbaum, by Jens Bojaryn
You are a Borinoi in love, setting out to do something stupid. Desperate to win the heart of your beloved, you break into the house of your rival at night. When you realize that you're not the only one doing stupid things, and that some...

The following polls include votes for We Are Unfinished:

"IF with, wings of poesy" by A. I. Wulf
I would like to explore the IF works with a pinch of poetry. I want to find the IF games with a good dose of emotions collected in tranquillity, heightened by wings of poesy.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Gerynar on 4 February 2017 at 5:08pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item