Original Spectrum Version (Play Online)
Play Online via archive.org

Denis through the Drinking Glass

by Ian Bishrey and Roger Taylor

1983

License: Commercial (Out of Print)
Development System: The Quill
TUID: 1hx92ynnp6uwjt3

Short and confusing., August 26, 2019
by Cornelius Baxter (Northeast Indiana, United States)

An emulated game that gives very little information as to what you are supposed to do. You begin in a furnished room and have multiple starting points, but you'll soon find out that taking your time to acquaint yourself with your surroundings is futile--since you can only make a maximum of 10 moves before the game ends.

I would have liked to spend more time exploring this one, but there is very little to guide you--many endings are simply snippets of poems or what appear to be newspaper clippings with no explanation whatsoever of why the game actually ended. In addition to that, there are numerous spelling and grammatical errors that reflect either poor production quality or that English was not the author's first language.

Either way, because I just couldn't determine what my purpose was (and forcing myself to type slow so the emulator could keep up was becoming bothersome), I couldn't find the urge to find the game's true ending--but I may come back to it some day.

Denis through the Drinking Glass on IFDB

The following polls include votes for Denis through the Drinking Glass:

The Most Obscure Commercial IF Game I've Ever Played by Xervosh
I'm hoping to be reminded of some of the obscure little IF games I may have played during the 1980s, but since can't recall. In addition, this poll may get a few more obscure games from the 1980s (or early 90s, or late 70s) listed in the...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 19 July 2021 at 7:39pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item