Zip file containing game files and feelies
Contains Homunculus.gblorb
For all systems. To play, you'll need a glulx interpreter - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Homunculus

by Michael Baltes profile

fantasy
2011

Du bist klein und unscheinbar, ein Nichts in den Augen der Mächtigen. Sie hassen dich, sie verachten dich und sie zwingen dir ihren Willen auf. Und doch sind sie auf dich angewiesen, weil nur du den Lauf der Dinge ändern kannst. Gezwungen, deine Aufgabe zu Ende zu bringen, bewegst du dich auf einem schmalen Grat zwischen Verrat und Loyalität. Sei vorsichtig, Homunculus! (blorb)

You're small and unnoticable, a Noboy in the eyes of the Mighty.They hate you, despise you and force you to do their bidding. And yet they need you, because only you can change the path of destiny. Forced to fulfill your task, you walk the fine line between loyalty and betrayal.
Be careful, Homunculus!

(Translation by Marius Mueller, all errors my fault)

Language: German (de)
First Publication Date: November 23, 2011
IFID: 8EBE79F1-E8C2-412C-9415-2554FB9B825B
TUID: 140i7wbeoifwl80r

Winner - 1st Annual Herbstlaub Competition

If you enjoyed Homunculus...

People who like Homunculus also gave high ratings to these games:

Leather Goddesses of Phobos, by Steve Meretzky
And now... the next exciting episode of humanoids in space! How did you, a regular at Joe's Bar in Upper Sandusky, Ohio, end up on a Martian moon? Can you prevent the hideous space creature from abducting the naked heiress? Why does...

Fabricationist DeWit Remakes the World, by Jedediah Berry
After a sleep of centuries, a synthetic being receives an unexpected visitoralong with a new role in the Great Project.

The Blind House, by Amanda Allen
I scarcely know the woman at my side. I don't even know why she was the one I turned to. I can only hope that we haven't been followed, that she won't ask too many questions. The only choice left to me now is to trust her.

Homunculus appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Good German language games by ifwizz
The best German language games I ever played

The following polls include votes for Homunculus:

Games for language learners by Emily Boegheim
What are some good games for people trying to learn another language? I imagine that short games with relatively simple prose and not too many non-standard commands (if they're parser games) would work best, but feel free to suggest...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Zape on 4 May 2021 at 10:14pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item