If You're Here

by Serene Sherman

2017

When a romance starts to blacken, is it your place to intervene? Lindy navigates her tense relationship with her stepbrother and her strong friendship with her teammate as she watches their relationship grow more and more messy.

Author's Comment: "Words hold a power I greatly respect: the power over one's emotions. A well-told story can tug at the heartstrings, tickle the funny bone, or simply grip a reader so tightly in their investment in the characters. Thus I've always thought stories are a powerful tool for exploring the shadows of human nature as well as the challenging issues of society - or challenging society itself. I wanted to tell a small story about something important, and if it could bring something new or something hopeful to the mind of one person, then it did all I could ask for."

First Publication Date: April 7, 2017
TUID: zlnpk38pmx9mt0tb

Entrant, Main Festival - Spring Thing 2017

This is version 1 of this page, edited by CMG on 8 April 2017 at 10:58am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item