Siluetas

by Fran_Kane

Pequeño aporte para la Ectocomp 2022, en su categoria La Petite Mort. Es la primera vez que hago algo en Binksi y no he aprovechado para nada las características del programa, así que olvidaos de cinemáticas u opciones de diálogo.

He dispuesto que el siguiente paso a seguir no sea demasiado obvio. No hay marcha atrás, así que podéis perderos textos.

No puedo contar más sobre la aventura para evitar «sorpresas», simplemente decir que el género es Folk Terror.

El control es simple: usa las teclas de dirección para moverte y toca elementos del escenario.

Language: Castilian (es)
First Publication Date: October 31, 2022
TUID: z6ri158gsfh5pi5

2nd Place, La Petite Mort - Spanish - ECTOCOMP 2022

A trippy Spanish binksi game about visiting a small town, November 4, 2022

This game was complex and difficult to understand at first. It's a binksi game, similar to bitsy (the game system with minimal sprites, color schemes and animations), but mixed with Ink, the scripting language.

In this Spanish Ectocomp game, you wind up driving to a small village that still has people using donkeys and children play strange games with silhouettes and with a fountain in the town.

The game has several shifts in perspective that I didn't fully understand, which I can mostly attribute to my own poor understanding but also seems to be a mechanic designed to mirror the protagonist's own troubled mental state.

I definitely found the imagery in the game disturbing and frightening, but only from a psychological viewpoint; there is little to no gore and no jumpscares or anything. I think it is effective at being frightening. Like the author says in the description, it can be easy to miss things; I missed a lot of things on the first try and had to replay. Fun, short, and easy to play.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by MathBrush on 4 November 2022 at 3:51am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item