Story File (Adrift 5)
Requires an ADRIFT version 5 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.

I Summon Thee!

by William Dooling profile

Walpurgus Night, 1951: Duncan MacDevon's manor near Chillingham Castle has played host to numerous dilettantes and eccentrics over the years...but none quite like tonight. On this historic evening, the occultists Graves, Corely, and Clark have summoned up something...horrible...in the manor tower. An ancient evil has escaped! Now cooks and constables, occultists and heiresses, servants and sorcerers must band together to stop it before it leaves the manor grounds and consumes the planet.

Will our heroes succeed, or will they succumb to gibbering terror and soul-rending madness? Honestly, you're hoping for the latter. In this game, you don't play the hero. You play the elder thing they've called up.

...happy hunting!

(This game was made in ~16 hours for DazaKiwi's "Narrative Escape" themed Stay-at-Home Jam)

First Publication Date: April 20, 2020
Development System: ADRIFT 5
IFID: ADRIFT-500-AF18-86D6-4E37-9EF1-A9AA19117C0A
TUID: yp8rxf3m682aliuh

ADRIFT Site
fun and fast paced
Not sure if I was supposed to recognize any of the names or if it was just fantasy gibberish (one of them looked like Jehovah?) but it was all very impressive.

The first thing I did was turn into a writhing many teethed tentacle beast. The second thing I did was summon invisible demons that tore apart a foolish warlock that dared order me around.

So right away it seems like a fun game ...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by DB on 12 May 2021 at 7:35pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item