Sea of Graves

by House Miroe

In Hazelwood, everyone has a secret. Dark things lurk in the shadows, behind the hedges, and sometimes even in your neighbor. You can never tell with these things, really. Now there’s a new mystery: teens have been going missing, all determined to be runaways, all written off and forgotten. But someone has to do something, someone has to figure out what’s going on and who (or what) is behind it all.

Can the truth be uncovered before it’s too late?

And what if the truth is something you don’t want to know…

First Publication Date: June 19, 2021
License: Shareware
TUID: ynr73nser3ob9mx1

A work-in-progress horror romance Twine game about a supernatural agency, July 11, 2021

This game is part of the list of great twine/ink games on itch that I found here.

This game has a setup that is partly a personality test and partly an intro to a supernatural-themed version of the SCP foundation (complete with the motto 'Observe, Learn, Protect'). You are handled a big sheaf of background world-building and given a test to see 'what kind of agent are you?'

Then there is a narrative section about you returning to your hometown, which the player quickly realizes is very anomalous.

The game cuts out quickly after that. Everything up to this point is great; the trouble is that the 'core gameplay' hasn't really been shown yet, which means that we haven't really seen how romance, combat, or investigation will work. In my experience, this makes such games more difficult to complete, so I wish the author all the best. Either way, I'd definitely play more games by this author.

If you enjoyed Sea of Graves...