DayAtTheOffice.taf
Requires an ADRIFT version 4 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.

A Day at the Office

by David Whyld profile

Humor
2003

The best worker in the office, Bob Newbold, has been tragically run down and only YOU - the company tea boy - has a hope of getting everything shipshape before the Japanese businessmen arrive. Are you up to the challenge?

Development System: ADRIFT
IFID: ADRIFT-400-7DB51919D86B083D3E2DC88DB890030C
TUID: vfun9bzukewfb296

2nd Place - ADRIFT One Room Comp 2003

Baf's Guide

Very similar in structure and setting to the author's game Paint!!!, A Day At The Office is a short, goofy office comedy which will probably need several replayings before you'll get the best possible score. I found the sequence of actions slightly more sensible than the ones in Paint!!!, but otherwise they're very much on the same wavelength.

A Day At The Office suffers from some of the usual ADRIFT parsing problems, but makes a nice snack-sized game if you're willing to deal with that.

-- Emily Short

Delron Review Compilation
Set against a time limit
I've done everything I can think of, and I'm unable to find the telephone socket, the pencil or the desk key, and I'm guessing some or all of these are vital to getting the good ending.

Also, a little bit of GTV, as it will accept armchair and comfy armchair, but not chair. And it will accept telephone but not phone. I also noticed one very minor typo.

That said, despite the frustrations I've had in figuring it all out, the author has done very well in getting a lot out of a single room and I very much enjoyed the writing. It's written in a very humourous manner and the style of humour is right up my alley.

3/5, as although I found the gameplay (and the very well hidden items) frustrating, the writing was very enjoyable.

If you enjoyed A Day at the Office...

People who like A Day at the Office also gave high ratings to these games:

Lost Pig, by Admiral Jota
Pig lost! Boss say that it Grunk fault. Say Grunk forget about closing gate. Maybe boss right. Grunk not remember forgetting, but maybe Grunk just forget. -- IFComp 2007 blurb

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams and Steve Meretzky
Don't Panic! Relax, because everything you need to know about playing The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is contained in the pages of this manual. In this story, you will be Arthur Dent, a rather ordinary earth creature who gets swept...

Blighted Isle, by Eric Eve
Blockade duty in the Bay of Biscay, vile weather, and an unplanned jaunt over the side of the ship into the tossing waves. But instead of drowning, you end up on an island that has no right to be there - and that's just the start of your...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Richard Otter on 22 April 2019 at 1:44am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item