Tallest Trees

by Peter Bates profile

A short psychological thriller set in a supernatural world of darkness and danger. Successfully navigate a dark forest while being chased by a mysterious supernatural being.

First Publication Date: June 2, 2020
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: CF4B75F7-191C-4F5D-A060-7AC41A8E093C
TUID: vc3tj2y32lnyocny

A short fantasy tale with good worldbuilding and the promise of sequels, June 6, 2020

I rate games on a five point scale. This is a shortish but broad Twine game where you are being hunted by something magical and must use your equipment to survive. It branches heavily, enhancing replayability.

Polish--The art is good, the game seems well-thought out and designed. Pretty good.
Descriptiveness--Very good. I could picture it all in my mind vividly.
Interactivity--It's hard to play without learning by death, so I struggled a bit with this one. And widely branching games are a bit frustrating at times because you have to replay the beginning over and over to see all the different ends, but it's totally a valid stylistic choice.
Emotional impact--I felt moved by the story. I like fantasy, especially TTRPG-adjacent fantasy like this.
Would I play again?--I've already played it a few times, so yes.

If you enjoyed Tallest Trees...

People who like Tallest Trees also gave high ratings to these games:

Kerguelen 1991, by Narkhos

For All The Saints Who From Their Labours Rest, by James Chew, Failbetter Games
Join an Intrepid Deacon on a deadly mission for the Church. Hunt for a missing saint, infiltrate the Brass Embassy and uncover the hidden history of Hell. What will you give up to learn the truth?

Vampire Ltd, by Alex Harby
Nero Brashov, vampire and failed businessman, has revenge on his mind. He'll pose as a human, infiltrate his arch-enemy's corporation, and sabotage it from the inside. Just as soon as he's invited in, that is. Contains swearing from the...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Zape on 5 September 2020 at 11:30pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item