Tallest Trees

by Peter Bates profile

A short psychological thriller set in a supernatural world of darkness and danger. Successfully navigate a dark forest while being chased by a mysterious supernatural being.

First Publication Date: June 2, 2020
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: CF4B75F7-191C-4F5D-A060-7AC41A8E093C
TUID: vc3tj2y32lnyocny

A short fantasy tale with good worldbuilding and the promise of sequels, June 6, 2020

I rate games on a five point scale. This is a shortish but broad Twine game where you are being hunted by something magical and must use your equipment to survive. It branches heavily, enhancing replayability.

Polish--The art is good, the game seems well-thought out and designed. Pretty good.
Descriptiveness--Very good. I could picture it all in my mind vividly.
Interactivity--It's hard to play without learning by death, so I struggled a bit with this one. And widely branching games are a bit frustrating at times because you have to replay the beginning over and over to see all the different ends, but it's totally a valid stylistic choice.
Emotional impact--I felt moved by the story. I like fantasy, especially TTRPG-adjacent fantasy like this.
Would I play again?--I've already played it a few times, so yes.

If you enjoyed Tallest Trees...