Seeds and Solutions

by Caelyn Sandel profile

Episode 1 of The Seedling Sequence

It's a beautiful day, and all I want is to hear the story of how my people came to be!

Root-mother won't give the story up for free, though; she's going to send me through bog and taiga, from the old well to the mouth of the desert, all to fetch ingredients for my tonic-brewing lessons.

All I wanted was a story! Being apprentice root-mother is hard!

Language: English (en-us)
First Publication Date: August 15, 2015
TUID: tk9rhjy57wkhwsvw

Interpreting clues and gathering plants, September 4, 2016
by verityvirtue (London)
Related reviews: sanguine

[Time to completion: 10-15 minutes]

In this small, exploration-based Twine, you are apprentice to root-mother Manya, and in exchange for story, you must help fetch herbs. The challenge here is in interpreting the indirect clues to match the description of the plants you find.

This game is relatively simple, and certainly has few frills. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this; I've found precious little IF about botany and plants (apart from Starry Seeksorrow; recommendations would be welcome), even though the act of collecting plants suits itself well to the traditional treasure hunt mechanic.

If you enjoyed Seeds and Solutions...

People who like Seeds and Solutions also gave high ratings to these games:

Birdland, by Brendan Patrick Hennessy
Fourteen-year-old Bridget's summer camp experience takes a turn for the bizarre when her otherworldly bird dreams start bleeding into reality.

The Wand, by Arthur DiBianca
Explore the wizard Bartholloco's castle with the help of a versatile magic wand. Can you overcome his challenge? Can you levitate a rock? Can you slice a baltavakia? (Puzzle-oriented and family friendly.)

The Hero of Kendrickstone, by Paul Wang
Can a wanna-be hero like you rescue the city of Kendrickstone, held hostage by an evil wizard and his troop of black-clad soldiers? Face down fierce foes with spell, sword, or silver tongue. Outwit cunning rivals, cement your fledgling...

The following polls include votes for Seeds and Solutions:

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Zape on 16 May 2021 at 1:39am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item