There Are Monsters Under Your Bed

by Kaitlin Tremblay

2013

There Are Monsters Under Your Bed is my second Twine. It is a text-based, RPG-esque escape-the-room game. You must train yourself, battle monsters, make dietary decision, and find clues to solve why you are trapped and how you can escape. There Are Monsters Under Your Bed is is a metaphor for battling depression, and is a game I started writing as a way to distract myself from the nights where I would otherwise lay in my bed for hours doing nothing but staring at the ceiling.

First Publication Date: December 24, 2013
Forgiveness Rating: Polite
TUID: tab37qopos2l2rfj

Polygon
"The Twine-made adventure game There Are Monsters Under Your Bed addresses depression, anxiety and body dysmorphia situated within a horror framework. Its encounters, dialogue and text are immensely personal, told exclusively from the perspective of the protagonist and player character. The main thing that differentiates it from similarly structured games like Amnesia is that the mental illness is not used as a device to set atmosphere and create tension it is the sole focus of the game."

IndieMegaCast
The IndieMegaCast podcast discusses There Are Monsters Under Your Bed.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by necromancer on 1 May 2016 at 6:24pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item