Primer.zblorb

by Christina Nordlander profile

2017

Pulling the trigger.

Winnable.

Made in three hours for ECTOCOMP 2017. Content warning: violence against a family member.

First Publication Date: October 25, 2017
TUID: t1d8pxbejj19s115

1st Place, La Petite Mort (English) - EctoComp 2017

A brief, terror-filled moment in time, November 6, 2017

This game reminded of another game, which I couldn't remember for a while, but now I recall is the author's 2016 game, Light Into Darkness. I liked that game, but this one is better.

It's a brief moment in time. The game definitely plays around with the typical speed of a parser game, where major events can occur in one command.

I hit on a good ending perhaps by chance, early on, and replayed to stretch it out as long as possible. If I hadn't guessed the command, I might not have liked it as much, but it was good.

If you enjoyed Primer...