Contains Far-Out Space Freaks.zblorb
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter with Blorb support - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Far-Out Space Freaks

by J. Robinson Wheeler

Space/Comedy

You're lost in space, and everything's gone wrong... just as it usually does.

This was written for the 18th Anniversary Speed-IF. The parameters were:"fly a ship and land it in multiple places (planets, asteroids, stations), giant space monster, shape-changing alien, alien infiltrator, no legitimate crew, wormhole, solar flares as a danger, zero gravity, a mysteriously brooding character, weird space combat, getting drunk/high in space, male sexy green alien, instant cloning machine, ray gun, space pizza delivery, and Christopher Walken."

First Publication Date: February 10, 2016
IFID: 574F79E4-9E54-45B4-9838-60A2EA58825D
TUID: s5o4sp68ytqotdwa

Very short space adventure, October 30, 2020
by JimB

This is a very short game, as can be expected being made for a Speed-IF competition. But since you probably die the first time you can enjoy at least a second playthrough to reach a real ending(Spoiler - click to show) - and then play it once more for an alternate ending.
The text is good to read and the text messages that describe the surroundings made me feel like I'm in a hurry to solve the situation.

Overall I had fun playing the game and got more out of it than I expected.

If you enjoyed Far-Out Space Freaks...

People who like Far-Out Space Freaks also gave high ratings to these games:

Academic Pursuits (As Opposed To Regular Pursuits), by ruqiyah
Dear Ms. ████████ We are delighted to offer you a position in our architecture department. After your application and interview we are confident you will really sink your teeth into this role. Your new office will be ready for you to...

The Space Under the Window, by Andrew Plotkin
A new, experimental game that has no puzzles but uses only words that change your focus on things, thereby adapting the story. [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

It Is Pitch Black, by Caelyn Sandel
Trapped alone in a darkened antique store with a man-eating grue, can you keep a light going long enough to survive? (contains sound, but no jumpscares.) 2nd place, EctoComp 2014.

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Zape on 11 April 2021 at 11:59am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item