Steam
for Windows, Mac, and Linux

The Soul Stone War

by Morgan Vane

Episode 1 of The Soul Stone War

You are a person on the run from your past, and no matter how far or fast you go, you cannot outrun your destiny. In this epic journey, it’s not just your life that hangs in the balance. Ancient artifacts of untold power are waking up from their millennia-old sleep, and whoever controls them will help mold the shape of your world.

The Soul Stone War is a thrilling 487,000-word interactive fantasy novel by Morgan Vane, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

Embark on a journey of self-discovery, sacrifice, and heroism, meet the people that are bound to you through the threads of fate, fall in love or fall into despair. Will you rise up to the challenge that is to be a Soul Stone Wielder? Or will you allow the world to be shrouded in darkness? The choice is yours.

- Play as female, male, or non-binary; straight, gay, or bisexual.
- Be chosen by an all-powerful artifact—a Soul Stone assuming the form of eight different weapons and six different gemstones.
- Choose one of three different backgrounds, each one of them unique and providing different content for your roleplaying needs.
- Meet a cast of distinct characters—a prickly warrior, a mischievous she-elf, a half-dragon woman, a gentle noble with a dark past, and the mysterious antagonist.
- Forge friendships, or fall in love with each of them individually or in three different polyamorous relationships.
- Do battle with fierce enemies, grow in strength using your combat or magical prowess, your wits or persuasion. Become the Stone Wielder you’re meant to be against impossible odds.
- Immerse yourself in a world of magic, sacrifice, and love where your choices will determine the very fate of the world.

Your Soul Stone is waiting for you.

First Publication Date: March 5, 2020
License: Commercial
Development System: ChoiceScript
Forgiveness Rating: Polite
TUID: r71rfc6wz8t8tb39

A very fun high fantasy adventure with some flaws, July 10, 2021
by Shadowcutie (USA)

Everything in the story feels a bit rushed and a bit fast paced. There's a bit too much hopping from one event to another without it feeling as though there's anything important connecting them. The romances in particular, while I haven't gone through every romance yet, feel like they're missing the build up--it goes from "hello it's nice to meet you" to "I'm ready to sacrifice every thing for you" in a few chapters (and a week or so in universe).

The humor probably won't be for everyone either. I played a playful main character and it was a near constant one-liner machine inside their head. Duh! I mean what would you expect from a playful character? <-- Expect lots of lines like that.

With all that being said, I really liked the story and while I pointed out some issues they weren't really a problem for me. The story was high energy and the humor grew on me. I'm excited to see the series continued, and I really fell in love with Morkai and Straasa so I'm even more excited to see the romances progress!

Edit: I've played a few more romance paths and I have to say the "friendmance" (it's basically the slow burn or 'main character is oblivious' path in comparison to the "flirtmance" where you're actively flirting and showing interest whether it's shyly or boldly) were great! They're paced a lot more naturally, and playing an oblivious to romance main character is just super fun!! So yeah I totally recommend the friendmance paths.

If you enjoyed The Soul Stone War...