mESSYWITCH

First Publication Date: October 31, 2018
TUID: qzuw2rtwwm22rd7e

Entrant, La Petite Mort - EctoComp 2018

A messy game about a messy witch, October 31, 2018
B Minus Seven writes games that are more surrealist poetry than anything else, and this is no different.

It's unabashed in its content, using profanity, brashness, confusion and vulnerability. It's also very short. You pick from three things in a cross between a recipe book and a shopping list, each one with 1-3 more options before returning.

It didn't really gel together for me, but for fans of B Minus Seven it is a great addition to the oeuvre.

If you enjoyed mESSYWITCH...

People who like mESSYWITCH also gave high ratings to these games:

First Draft of the Revolution, by Emily Short, Liza Daly and inkle
It is dangerous to deceive a husband of magic-using rank... Juliette has been banished for the summer to a village above Grenoble: a few Alpine houses, a deep lake, blue sky, and no society. Now she writes daily to her husband. She tells...

Augmented Fourth, by Brian Uri!
WANTED: Amateur musicians to serve the Royal Court. Must provide own instrument and be inured to copious constructive criticism. Impress your friends! Meet the King! Apply in person at the Castle, located on the south side of the volcano...

Digital Witnesses, by rosencrantz
You are on the run, but why? A short fiction created in twenty-three Twine passages, prompted by a challenge on Twinery.org.

mESSYWITCH appears in the following Recommended Lists:

This is version 2 of this page, edited by B Minus Seven on 10 March 2019 at 12:02am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item