index.html

by Krishan Coupland

Whilst researching pixies for my short story, "Blue", I stumbled across an ancient-looking field guide at the back of a local bookshop. It was called A Primer On The Capture And Identification Of The Little Folk Of Myth And Legend. The cover was wrecked, and half the pages had fallen out, so I have no idea who wrote it. The author comes across as somewhat... eccentric. I found it incredibly useful though - especially the flowchart section at the back. I couldn't find any record of the book online, so I took the liberty of transcribing that chapter into digital form. I hope someone finds it useful!

First Publication Date: January 7, 2015
License: Creative Commons
TUID: q2w2w1l1n3mxiyu2

Greater than the sum of its stars, December 20, 2015
by george (Seattle)

I feel a little torn giving this three stars, but it's only because I think this is more of a diversion than a full-fledged work (indeed, it seems to be more of a bit of marketing for a separate work the author had a hand in). Nevertheless this is a funny and well-written piece that fits the medium very well.

If you enjoyed A Primer On The Capture And Identification Of The Little Folk Of Myth And Legend...

People who like A Primer On The Capture And Identification Of The Little Folk Of Myth And Legend also gave high ratings to these games:

Tonight Dies the Moon, by Tom McHenry
From the author of HORSE MASTER: THE GAME OF HORSE MASTERY, comes a Twine game about life during war between the Earth and Moon in the year 2000. Fall in love, subsistence farm, make spreadsheets, and wear colorful jumpsuits!

Reference and Representation: An Approach to First-Order Semantics, by Ryan Veeder
Violence is the answer to this one.

KING OF BEES IN FANTASY LAND, by Brendan Patrick Hennessy
A videogame about space bees.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by krishan on 19 December 2015 at 2:25pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item