4-snowman.z5
Requires a Z-Code interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.

Kaboot's Story

by Josh Giesbrecht profile

Episode 4 of Snowman Sextet
2005

IFID: ZCODE-1-000001-59F2
TUID: pfu307jt43d5due1

SPAG
The Snowman Sextet
Game four, Josh Giesbrecht's Kaboot's Story, was my favorite of the four games, and not just because the PC is a hamster. Well, ok, it's *mostly* because of that, but it's also funny and cute on its own merits. My notes for this game say "storing things in cheekpouches = awesome", and I don't think I can put it any more clearly than that.
-- Dan Shiovitz

Super short, and super cute., November 14, 2019

'Nuff said. Five minutes playtime, and being a hamster allows for some unusual and funny situations. The "intro" is a bit confusing and the parser is not very sophisticated, but the game is won before you even notice that. If I had to limit myself to one word only, it'd be "cute".

If you enjoyed Kaboot's Story...

People who like Kaboot's Story also gave high ratings to these games:

A Walk At Dusk, by Eric Mayer
You search for the tree frog you can hear trilling in the growing darkness. An interactive essay.

Wedding Day, by E. Joyce
Your wedding ceremony will begin soon. You must prepare.

Photograph: A Portrait of Reflection, by Steve Evans
Photograph was an entry in the 2002 IFComp, in which it placed 3rd out of 38 entries. It was also nominated for two XYZZY awards, "Best Player Character" & "Best Use Of Medium". It's a story-driven, almost puzzleless work about a man...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by josh g. on 9 November 2016 at 1:38pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item