IFComp 2015 release

Much Love, BJP

by Megan Stevens

A brief look at the life of a fictional war correspondent. "Much Love: BJP" was showcased to a limited audience at the Hope College Celebration for Undergraduate Research.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2015
TUID: p887ipmhjzlkckj

48th Place - 21st Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2015)

An only mildly interactive Twine game with photos, but a powerful story, February 3, 2016
Related reviews: IF Comp 2015

This game was written both for IFComp 2015 and for an undergraduate research project at Hope.

It is just a choice between three linear sequences. After each choice has been picked at least once, two more open up. There are scattered photographs.

Interactivity-wise, this game doesn't make any groundbreaking changes. But the story is great. It is based on real-life journalist Marie Colvin, a war correspondent with an eye patch who died in an explosion.

I played this game twice, 3 weeks apart. The first time, I was rushing through IFComp, and dismissed it. But the second time, it struck a real emotional cord with me, and I really enjoyed it.

If you enjoyed Much Love, BJP...

People who like Much Love, BJP also gave high ratings to these games:

Rogue of the Multiverse, by C.E.J. Pacian
Congratulations, convict 76954! You have been selected for scientific experimentation! You will be matter-transmitted to exotic non-Treaty worlds - where opportunities abound to take in fantastic sights and mingle with colourful locals!

Ex Nihilo, by Juhana Leinonen
In the beginning there was nothing. From nothing light and darkness were born.

Photopia, by Adam Cadre
"Will you read me a story?" "Read you a story? What fun would that be? I've got a better idea: let's tell a story together."

This is version 2 of this page, edited by classicaljunkie on 15 November 2015 at 11:49pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item