External Links

La fonte du monde

by HerzEngel

2024

Entrant - Nouvim 3000 - 2024 edition

Tags you added are shown below with checkmarks. To remove one of your tags, simply un-check it.

Enter new tags here (use commas to separate tags):

A fantasy text adventure focused on Dragons, July 10, 2024
by manonamora
Related reviews: French, nouvim3000

La fonte du monde is a fantasy textual adventure in Inklewriter, when you incarnate Voulks Mirmabull, a great dragon who's destiny seems to reunite all the dragon clans and fight other kingdoms (from what I gathered playing the game). After a long introduction focusing on Voulks's past, you are thrown into the game with not much a clear goal or explanation. The game seems to branch off quite early, leading to a handful of endings - I think I found 3-4 different ones, mainly ending up in my death.

You are given multiple sequences of choices, on how to interact with the environment, other clans, or the different conflicts - often with a violent/peaceful dichotomy. Most choices do not result in a textual response, having either an AI-generated illustration or simply the next set of choices. This aspect, which might be due to the combination of a high-branching story and a restricted word count, made the story sometimes difficult to follow or see the consequences of our actions. I think a few more sentences between each choice would clear a lot of the confusion.

Was this review helpful to you?   Yes   No   Remove vote
More Options

This is version 1 of this page, edited by manonamora on 8 July 2024 at 5:22pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item - Delete This Page