Garden of Steven

by Soda51 profile

Religious

Altgame making fun of a popular homophobic phrase.

First Publication Date: May 7, 2015
TUID: nhhprfrg0iy9c8b4

Unnecessary, July 30, 2015
by Victor Gijsbers (The Netherlands)

Perhaps the aim of this game is to undermine the claim "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" by showing that the sentence remains true under any random combination of names in its second half, including those of 99.999999% of all heterosexual couples, and can therefore not be used as an argument against same-sex marriage. But surely, that is already to pay too much attention to something that doesn't even rise to status of an argument in the first place?

As a piece of communication, I think the game serves only to say "I'm not an extremist evangelical from the USA!". Good for you, but I don't think you need to make a game to communicate that. It comes too close to trolling.

A sentence that changes two nouns whenever you refresh it, February 3, 2016

This game consists of a single sentence that changes the names in it every time you refresh. It also has backdrop images of paintings of Adam and Eve that change every time you refresh, as well.

It's not really a game; most of Soda51's games are like this. But they do attract a certain amount of attention, so you have to wonder if Soda51 has a good plan after all.

****
Note: I reviewed this game a month ago; it is just a random coincidence that Soda51 posted another game today.

Indeed a time waster..., May 8, 2015

Yes. To make it clear to all of you, this game is crap. it's just some pictures based on the beginning of humanity based on the Bible and the text 'God made Adam and Eve, not Adam (Random names when clicked on) and Steve (More random names when clicked on).

Is this game suppose to be funny? I guess so. But why put religious into the genre then? It will probably insult those out there who actually takes religion seriously.

I know Altgames are supposed to be different from those games that we play normally. It's something alternate to generic IF games, you see. In this case, having one sentence and random names that appear when clicked on doesn't count as a 'game'. Call it a waste of time.

This is an abysmal game made by Fear of Twine, who I at first assumed makes playable and interesting games. Looks like I'm wrong here. If this review isn't enough, give it your try yourself. You will regret it.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Zape on 10 August 2020 at 11:50am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item