Soft_Earth.zip
Contains index.html

Soft Earth

by Jon Sorce

It's been a long, long summer, and this town has gone longer still without rain.

You are ten years old. Your parents are asleep. The window is unlocked, and there's a house in the woods where Grandma's ghost might still linger, so long as the clouds keep the rain from washing her away. If you have something to say to her—something you can't tell Mom and Dad—then you might get your chance tonight.

Walk into the woods, my love. Brave the dark with me.

[1 hour. An interactive ghost story with sound and music.]

First Publication Date: September 1, 2018
License: Free
IFID: A448CB2A-942B-4305-B698-92F6C1C7A69E
TUID: l45hz2jrhxeu186u

Nominee, Best Use of Multimedia - 2018 XYZZY Awards

If you enjoyed Soft Earth...

People who like Soft Earth also gave high ratings to these games:

Your Utterly Unbeatable Natalya, by Leon Arnott
A little game of people and magic.

The Tiniest Room, by Erik108
An "Escape the Room" kind of game made with less than 300 words for the Twiny Jam.

The Blind House, by Amanda Allen
I scarcely know the woman at my side. I don't even know why she was the one I turned to. I can only hope that we haven't been followed, that she won't ask too many questions. The only choice left to me now is to trust her.

Soft Earth appears in the following Recommended Lists:

More Recommended Horror Games by thecanvasrose
A list of well-rated, reputable and interesting horror games not included in my favorite horror games list. For those looking to explore the genre in IF.

Some of my favorites by OverThinking
In alphabetical order

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 8 September 2018 at 4:16pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item