Return to the game's main page
Reviews and Ratings
Previous | << 1 2 >> | Next | Show All
- egostat (1st Level, Abyss), May 3, 2023
The intersection of landscape and character in IF is a highly fertile one, and Heroes reaps a great harvest from it... [T]he game's gimmick is this: set up a fairly simple landscape and a basic goal, then allow the player a choice of five viewpoint characters, each of which share the landscape and goal...
It's a good game, but one that over-reaches -- if it wouldn't have tried to make the player go through all five possibilities, but instead just offered them as alternates, it would have worked much better. And I'd advise anyone who tries it to take it that way -- play the game in your one or two favorite flavors, ignoring the rest. That way, you'll be playing a solid, enjoyable game, that someone worked extra-hard on to provide additional paths to, but you don't need to work extra hard just to see them.
Technically and artistically, Heroes succeeds admirably; the few bugs in the competition release appear to have been cleaned up, and the POV-shift is nicely done. The game does commit some design sins, but I appreciated the artistry of the multiple perspectives and the layered plot sufficiently that I gave it an 8 in this year’s competition.
- Zape, April 18, 2021
- William Chet (Michigan), July 20, 2020
- kierlani, June 23, 2020
- Anders Hellerup Madsen (Copenhagen, Denmark), April 8, 2020
- Vigorish (Bradenton, Florida ), November 15, 2018
- Naeemah, December 23, 2017
- hoopla, March 29, 2017
- Witchy W, August 10, 2016
- NinaS, July 3, 2016
- E. W. B., February 23, 2016
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful:Wonderful D&D feel; same game with 5 choices for NPC, February 4, 2016
This is one of my favorites. You play as one of four characters who stole a gem from a dragon, and then lost it. You want to get it back. You can also be the dragon.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Remove vote
More Options| Add a comment
- Aryore, December 12, 2015
- Sam Kabo Ashwell (Seattle), April 7, 2015
- Thrax, March 11, 2015
- KidRisky (Connecticut, USA), June 1, 2014
- Floating Info, February 23, 2014
- Mr. Patient (Saint Paul, Minn.), December 24, 2013
- Edward Lacey (Oxford, England), December 12, 2012
- DJ (Olalla, Washington), September 11, 2012
- Digibomber, July 29, 2011
- Squidi, May 15, 2011