TinyUtopias Football Manager: Super Soccer Slam Edition

by A. Johanna DeNiro profile

sports simulation

Your cooperatively owned soccer team begins on the sixth level of the pyramid of English football. Can you reach the top of the Premier League and also smash crony capitalism at the same time?

First Publication Date: April 17, 2016
TUID: ink7nofvj5nu55si

Winner - Tiny Utopia Jam

catacalypto
Possibilities in the TinyUtopias IF Jam
It takes a genre I find fascinating from a distance (the sports management sim) and offers something new and lovely.

A utopian vision of society expressed through a soccer league, April 20, 2016

This is one of the entries in the Tiny Utopia jam. Johanna has picked perhaps the most 'utopian' of all the utopias, as this game provides a direct and detailed vision of a better society.

The writing is fervent, and it is easy to feel the authors conviction and the heart put into the game.

Stylistically, the game has an interesting division of links into different types that works well. While I usually don't include cover art in reviews, I feel that the cover art really suggests a certain interpretation of the game that is hard to put into words.

I did feel a certain lack of options in the game, both of reflective options and of more meaningful choices. This is not always necessary in a Twine game, but I felt like the subject and tone of the game could do with more interaction with the games or your emotional responses. Like usual, this is just my opinion.

If you enjoyed TinyUtopias Football Manager: Super Soccer Slam Edition...

People who like TinyUtopias Football Manager: Super Soccer Slam Edition also gave high ratings to these games:

Earth And Sky 3: Luminous Horizon, by Paul O'Brian

Jay Schilling's Edge of Chaos, by Robb Sherwin, Mike Sousa
There was an aye-aye behind the bar, staring at me horribly. Or maybe its face just froze that way. I was waiting for my client at ten at night in a dusty, dirty town in the middle of nowhere. Clouds out here were apparently one of the...

Bigger Than You Think, by Andrew Plotkin
Bigger Than You Think is a choice-based interactive narrative. This game was written for the Yuletide 2012 fanfic exchange. The game was inspired -- perhaps loosely -- by Randall Munroe's comic xkcd-1110: "Click and Drag". The touch of...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Emily Boegheim on 29 April 2016 at 8:16am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item