Requires an ADRIFT version 4 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.

Rock Band: Revenge of Gigantor!

by Rob Roy

2009

Was it too much to ask for a little relaxation and some Rock Band after a hectic day at work?

Apparently so.

Development System: ADRIFT
TUID: hm6w8x33besivbc5

Nice little diversion, September 5, 2012

I have not played anything by this author before and was intrigued by the title, so thought I’d give it a try. The game is set in a house which is usually a bad start but at least it didn’t start in the bedroom.

This is not a long game and to be honest there is not a lot to it. I have to admit I like the humour in the game, for example -

>I
Boy, are you honest. You haven't kept anything.

Also a lot of variable text has been used for the objects and some of the locations. Nice touch.

For some reason you can ask the game about capital cities. Try asking “What is the capital” of a country. No idea why.

After exploring the house you need to then fire up the old Xbox and TV to play Rock Band. Playing the game just consists of pressing coloured buttons when requested, 10 times. I had hoped for more and up to this point I was enjoying playing.

At this point you need to save the world from Gigantor. This involves a timed puzzle revolving around turning off the tv.

I played through once and was interested enough to have a play again. Nice little diversion.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Richard Otter on 5 September 2012 at 7:59am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item