Game File

Antiquest

by Anton Lastochkin

2017

Are you tired of fighting an annoying parser and unraveling strange puzzles? Come along, and you and the parser will fight together against logic and common sense! You won't be bored with this game's cheerful atmosphere and freedom of action. The goal of the game is to collect all possible endings. Don't be discouraged if you suddenly get stuck, because there is a built-in mini-game that can give you a hint on how to find the remaining endings. To enable it, you just need to find old endings again and hope for luck.

Note: This game was designed for the HTML TADS Player Kit (http://www.tads.org/tads3.htm). Another interpreter that appears to support the game is QTads (http://qtads.sourceforge.net/downloads.shtml). You can use universal interpreters, including Zoom, Spatterlight, and Gargoyle, but no you'll see no graphics and get no music.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
Development System: TADS 2
IFID: TADS2-A242EA16E46138BF5ECFD73F8A8879F6
TUID: fxxbb01cb7pzph4y

62nd Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

A funny short TADS game where you seek out a dozen or so endings, November 17, 2017

I beta tested this game.

This is a TADS game where you are on a spaceship, and anything you do (for long enough) results in a different wacky ending.

The author keeps you from meeting too many error messages; if you try to do something usually not allowed (like going down when you shouldn't) it justs adapts the game (like having you burrow through the metal). It even includes a battle-ship type game.

It made me laugh, it is pretty descriptive, but it's not polished in some sense that I have trouble grabbing hold of; and I felt confused without the hints.

If you enjoyed Antiquest...