Story File links to a zip containing a TADS3 story file, a standalone Windows executable version of the game, a readme text file, and a PDF map of the story world.
devil_in_details_1.0.zip
Contains devil_in_details.t3
Requires a TADS interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)
Story File for Web Play
web-ui build for online play
Legacy WebUI format for TADS. No known interpreter can play this type of file on modern operating systems. On older versions of Windows running Internet Explorer with Flash, you can download the HTML TADS Player Kit for Windows to use this file.

The Devil in the Details

by Jerry Ford profile

Fantasy | Slice of life
2017

You have just arrived in San Francisco, no job, no family, no friends, just a letter of introduction addressed to Lucy, who offers you a lifetime of everlasting fame, fortune, happiness, or power, if you will just sign the contract she offers you.

Can you outwit the devil?

(Advisory: Contains sexual situations; see readme enclosed in the .zip distribution for details, or read the Help text linked to the initial title screen.)

Development System: TADS 3
Forgiveness Rating: Polite
IFID: 2A3F2499-E1BC-42E7-9D8B-9A639DCE430F
TUID: fsa1bze0pnwqmm4z

If you enjoyed The Devil in the Details...

People who like The Devil in the Details also gave high ratings to these games:

The Blind House, by Amanda Allen
I scarcely know the woman at my side. I don't even know why she was the one I turned to. I can only hope that we haven't been followed, that she won't ask too many questions. The only choice left to me now is to trust her.

The Act of Misdirection, by Callico Harrison
The curtain lifts to a torrent of applause, as the city's gents and ladies lose their decorum for a just few moments in anticipation of something magical. The spotlights drown the glitter of sequins and pearls, the metal cane-tops and...

Snowquest, by Eric Eve
You've been on your quest so long you've almost forgotten what it is all about, but now you are nearing your destination -- if only you can stay alive long enough in this frozen wilderness to reach it.

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Zape on 27 January 2020 at 5:14pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item