External Links

Updates to external links

The Eyes That Look Back

by Leno

We are surrounded with faces. The ones of the people around us and the ones we carry with ourselves.

Entrant, Main Festival - Spring Thing 2018

Tags you added are shown below with checkmarks. To remove one of your tags, simply un-check it.

Enter new tags here (use commas to separate tags):

A gripping short creepy story about identity , April 8, 2018

I found this short horror story compelling. You are someone, somewhere, intentionally vague, and you have a knack for finding faces on things.

The game is more than just that, of course, but I found it compelling, especially with the multimedia.

I don't want to say too much about it, because experiencing it all is the point. I wasn't satisfied with the conclusions of the piece though, even after experimentation. But that's something that's due to personal taste.

This has nothing to do with my rating or even something I think the author should do, but I wish the game had included a gallery of found faces. But I can satisfy that interest by my own searches. I like this game.

Was this review helpful to you?   Yes   No   Remove vote
More Options

If you enjoyed The Eyes That Look Back...

People who like The Eyes That Look Back also gave high ratings to these games:

A Walk Around the Neighborhood, by Leo Weinreb
The sun is filtering hazily through a partly-cloudy sky on this gorgeous Sunday afternoon. You're feeling lazy and a bit glued to the couch, but your partner insists on you getting some exercise. And although you complain, you have to...

Fingertips: I Walk Along Darkened Corridors, by Andrew Schultz
There are 1001 doors in the darkened corridors. Which is right?

and there are no stars., by Cressida St. Claire
a tiny, semi-autobiographical game about the stars and the comfort you find in them. content warning: depiction of physical punishment in a home setting. created for Neo-Twiny Jam (https://itch.io/jam/neo-twiny-jam).

This is version 1 of this page, edited by CMG on 7 April 2018 at 8:35am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item - Delete This Page