The Eyes That Look Back

by Leno

We are surrounded with faces. The ones of the people around us and the ones we carry with ourselves.

First Publication Date: April 6, 2018
TUID: bo3xmvm6h4ycfwn1

Entrant, Main Festival - Spring Thing 2018

A gripping short creepy story about identity , April 8, 2018

I found this short horror story compelling. You are someone, somewhere, intentionally vague, and you have a knack for finding faces on things.

The game is more than just that, of course, but I found it compelling, especially with the multimedia.

I don't want to say too much about it, because experiencing it all is the point. I wasn't satisfied with the conclusions of the piece though, even after experimentation. But that's something that's due to personal taste.

This has nothing to do with my rating or even something I think the author should do, but I wish the game had included a gallery of found faces. But I can satisfy that interest by my own searches. I like this game.

If you enjoyed The Eyes That Look Back...

People who like The Eyes That Look Back also gave high ratings to these games:

Kidnapped! A Royal Birthday, by Charles Battersby
Escape your captors…and endure your rescuers, but don't be late to the ball! When you are kidnapped, you must take charge of your rescue, and reclaim your rightful throne. Kidnapped! A Royal Birthday is a 158,000-word interactive comedy...

Braincase, by Dan Lance
You are a forensic contractor tasked with going through a person's memory implant to solve a crime.

Lost in time, by Gerardo Adesso
Knock Knock. Knock Knock. A journey through memory lane.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by CMG on 7 April 2018 at 8:35am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item