Story file
Requires a Glulx interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.

Something In The Night

by AnssiR66

2017

Alone in a big house at night, can you make it upstairs to your bedroom?

First Publication Date: October 30, 2017
TUID: al252vxxdtcq9afv

11th Place, La Petite Mort (English) - EctoComp 2017

A short spooky tale about going to sleep, November 6, 2017

In this game, you play someone who's been reading too many scary stories alone in a house, and you're too scared to go upstairs.

This is a great, relatable setup. Things are sparsely implemented, as is to be expected in a speed-IF, but I found no bugs and it had a fun verb choice.

The ending felt abrupt, which was disappointing, but I understand that not much is possible with speed-IF. This had the most relatable PC, for me, of any game I've played this year.

If you enjoyed Something In The Night...

People who like Something In The Night also gave high ratings to these games:

Skies Above, by Arthur DiBianca
Play minigames to get your airship flying, tour the skies, and see what mischief is going on up there. Champion of the Skies: Sarah Adams

Waiting for the Day Train, by Dee Cooke
It's been a long journey through the night. The last one, you hope. Today is the last chance you have to catch the day train - a train that will take you to a world of eternal daylight, where you will never have to run from the...

Tethered, by Linus Åkesson
"I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."...

Something In The Night appears in the following Recommended Lists:

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Zape on 4 May 2021 at 10:39pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item