Story file
Requires a Glulx interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.

Something In The Night

by AnssiR66

2017

Alone in a big house at night, can you make it upstairs to your bedroom?

First Publication Date: October 30, 2017
TUID: al252vxxdtcq9afv

11th Place, La Petite Mort (English) - EctoComp 2017

A short spooky tale about going to sleep, November 6, 2017

In this game, you play someone who's been reading too many scary stories alone in a house, and you're too scared to go upstairs.

This is a great, relatable setup. Things are sparsely implemented, as is to be expected in a speed-IF, but I found no bugs and it had a fun verb choice.

The ending felt abrupt, which was disappointing, but I understand that not much is possible with speed-IF. This had the most relatable PC, for me, of any game I've played this year.

If you enjoyed Something In The Night...

People who like Something In The Night also gave high ratings to these games:

Buried Alive, by David Whyld
Unbelievable! You've been buried in the back garden by your wife who's left you for a younger man! Can you get out and get revenge before the soil starts closing in on you?

Main Hall & Beginners Cave, by Donald Brown
The Beginner's Cave has been set up by the warlord as a service to all Free Adventurers, giving them a chance to try their skills in a not-too-dangerous setting. Let us all toast the warlord for restocking the cave daily! This adventure...

Save Bigfoot's Christmas!, by Quizlock
Help get the lovable sasquatch Bigfoot off of Santa's naughty list before Christmas!

Something In The Night appears in the following Recommended Lists:

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Zape on 4 May 2021 at 10:39pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item