rat chaos

by Winter Lake

rat war
2012

A treasure-hunt for content. An award-winning Twine game., February 3, 2016
Rat Chaos's opening is purposely bad. You are in a position of authority over an area, with the option to summon rats or not.

The game is goofy and fun at first. But the 'real' content takes some searching to find. In the end, Rat Chaos has a powerful, visceral message.

It's hard to say too much more about it without spoiling it.

As of Septembet 2015, the link no longer functions, but I found someone on an IF forum willing to share a copy.

Comments on this review

Previous | << 1 >> | Next

thatchedit, December 16, 2018 - Reply
You say that the true content of rat chaos is hidden... how do you get to it? I love the 4 minutes of gameplay that seem accessible to me, but am I missing something?
MathBrush, December 17, 2018 - Reply
Choosing to unleash rat chaos, unleash more, picking any of the options and then saying “Do you want to talk?” gives you a long speech about the author’s real life.
thatchedit, December 18, 2018 - Reply
Thank you so much!
namekuseijin, December 23, 2015 - Reply
I found no powerful message in this piece of garbage back then and am glad it disappeared from the world . yes, I played it through to the "end", with water-faeries and all. The attempts at humor and drawing were depressing at best. perhaps I lacked the same drugs as the author and fans to enjoy it...
necromancer, November 10, 2015 (updated December 31, 2015) - Reply
Dude! It's a maze.

The game's page is on archive.org but without images. You may be able to obtain the rat chaos game page including graphics from IF collector Peter Piers.

EDIT: Peter Piers' IF Collection is no longer online.
MathBrush, November 10, 2015 - Reply
Thanks! This is great.
necromancer, November 11, 2015 - Reply
Is Twine recapitulating all the classic IF tropes (and more)?

Is there a Twine Pirate (Colossal Cave)?

Where is the Twine Galatea?
Previous | << 1 >> | Next